We are Westwood MiddleThe Warriors
Westwood Middle School, home of the Warriors, prides itself on tradition, excellence, community involvement and diversity.
Latest News & Announcements
The Title 1 page on our website has been updated. All of the following is available to parents and students.
- Link to District Website https://polkschoolsfl.com/
- Link to District Title I Page https://polkschoolsfl.com/title1a/
- District Title I Page includes the following:
- Right to Know Letters
- Annual Report Card (EduData Portal) https://edudata.fldoe.org/ReportCards/Schools.html?school=0571&district=53
- District & School Parent & Family Engagement Plan Summary
- District & School Parent & Family Engagement Plan
- School-Parent Compact
- Schoolwide Improvement Plan
You are invited to attend the
2020 TITLE I
Annual Parent Meeting
Westwood Middle School
Virtually (WMS Facebook)
9:30am and 5:30pm
September 24, 2020
A copy of the meeting will be posted on WMS website and social media pages.
- Welcome and introductions of Title I staff
- Title I Presentation
- PowerPoint presentation “What is Title I”?
- Title I Budget Overview & Parent and Family Engagement Funds
- Parent and Family Engagement Plan and Summary
- School Website and Social Media Page
- What are the Title I Parent’s Right to Know?
- School Parent Compact
- How can parents be involved?
- Parent Survey, how can parents give input or suggestions?
- Upcoming parent workshops or events
- What is the academic program at your school?
- Description and explanation of curriculum
- State assessments and testing and an explanation of proficiency levels
- Progress monitoring
- Services available to students with identified areas of needs.
- Evaluation-We value your input. Please complete the evaluation at the end of the Annual Meeting.
Thursday, August 20th, 2020
Orientation will be conducted in a drive-thru format:
8:00a - 11:00a
12:00p - 3:00p
3:00p - 6:00p
Hello Westwood Middle Parents/Guardians,
Below are the dates and times for device returns to school. Please make sure they are cleaned and drop off at the school front desk. Make sure to include charger.
ALL CHECKED OUT ITEMS MUST BE RETURNED BY MAY 29! IF DEVICE IS NOT RETURNED, YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR IT!
Student Electric Device Return / Student Sendoff:
8th Grade - May 26 - 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
7th Grade - May 27 - 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
6th Grade - May 28 - 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
At the above listed times, Westwood Middle School will be collecting electric devices and distributing End of the Year awards.
In addition, students will be able to collect personal items if they have been notified by teachers.